Click to see my employment history, credentials, and contact information from March 2019.
Have questions? Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary as of early 2020.
- B.S. in Meteorology from Rutgers University
- AMS CBM Seal Certifed Meteorologist
- Nearly 4 years of professional TV experience
- Weekday Meteorologist WLTX Columbia, SC (Jun. 2019 to Present)
- Meteorologist/ Reporter WCJB Gainesville, FL (Feb. 2017 to Present)
- Weather Producer WPIX-11 New York, NY (Jul. 2016 to Jan. 2017)
- More than 5 years of experience with WSI TruVu Weather Graphics
- Can write, shoot, edit, and go live in short time constraints
- Works with Edius, Final Cut Pro, and ENPS
- Very comfortable with Microsoft and Adobe Suite
- Passionate about continuous severe weather coverage and social media
- Reports on environmental interest stories
- Maintains “Gandy’s Garden” at News 19
- Uses the garden during forecasts as a way to visualize weather patterns like flood, drought, heat, and cold.
- Opens up a conversation about environmental issues like climate change.
- Graduated “Meteorology Student of the Year”
- This was awarded by the Rutgers Meteorology Department in recognition for my achievements academically and in community service.
- President of AMS and NWA Local Chapter (Rutgers University Meteorology Club)
- Recognized by Florida AP for my work as a meteorologist and reporter
- Finalist for small markets in 2017 for “Best Weathercaster” and in 2018 for “Series/Franchise Reporting”.